generous support from U.S. National Science Foundation, ACM SIGARCH, IEEE TC on
Computer Architecture, and Google Inc., ISCA-39 will offer travel grants for
students to attend the conference and defray their traveling cost. The size and
number of these grants will vary depending on funding availability, the number
of student applicants, and their respective priority. Expenses will be
reimbursed after the conference; grant recipients will be asked to submit
original receipts later to our finance chair.
encourage all in need of a travel to apply, the travel grant will be made
available, in particular, to paper student presenters, paper student
co-authors, under-represented minority students and the disabled students with
higher priority. Also, certain funds will be available to ACM SIGARCH student
members and IEEE TCCA members only. We highly encourage students to join
SIGARCH and TCCA to be given higher priority. SIGARCH offers an online membership for $2.
To apply for a travel grant from ISCA:
- Applicants must send an email to the Student Travel
Award Chair, Hsien-Hsin Lee, at isca39travel AT gmail.com by
- For your subject line, please use "Travel Grant
Application for <Your-Last-Name, Your-First-Name>”.
- Please fill out the form with acrobat reader and attach
your application form. Download the fillable PDF form from here
- Please also attach a current resume.
- Student applicants also need to ask their direct thesis
advisor to send an e-mail to the Student Travel Award Chair (at isca39travel
AT gmail.com) with the subject line "Student Travel Status
Confirmation for <Your Last Name, Your First Name>",
stating that you are a full-time student pursuing an MS/Ph.D. or
undergraduate research in the areas covered by ISCA.
- Additional note for the process.
- Please save all the original receipts. You need to mail
- Fund can be applied to transportation and lodging
between June 8 and June 14, 2012.
- DEADLINE: Travel
grant application form and your resume must be received by 11:59pm, May 1st, 2012.
- For students, the confirmation email from their
advisors must be received by the same deadline.
- Due to the large number of applications we expect to
receive, we will NOT solicit letters from your advisors. It is YOUR
responsibility to ensure that your advisor sends the email before the
deadline. No exception will be made for any reason.
- We will acknowledge your application within a week of
receipt. We will also do our best to notify you about the status of your
application by May 5th, 2012, which is before the conference early
registration deadline. Note that award decisions will be made based on
funding availability. Note also that some awards may be made only after